UNICEF has partnered with Cartedo to empower youth across Africa to solve a series of global grand challenges and positively impact communities while developing employability skills. They believe that youth have unique perspectives on these challenges and should be given the opportunity to become knowledge producers. This is your chance to Be seen, Be heard and Be the Change!
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
This challenge gives youth a voice in exploring how we might empower people and communities to become more pandemic-resilient. They are looking for your ideas to solve real challenges faced by real people just like you.
This challenge offers you the opportunity to develop future-ready employability skills like design thinking while contributing to the global efforts to tackle COVID-19. As you progress through this challenge, you’ll use a human-centered design approach to:
- Discover how COVID-19 is impacting real people in different ways
- Define these challenges from a human-centered perspective, and
- Develop innovative solutions to these challenges
You’ll start by exploring human needs related to the COVID-19 pandemic and turn your findings into core challenges faced by real people. By using our tools & techniques you will generate multiple ideas to solve these challenges and prototype solutions to share with people around the world.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
- Must Be a Citizen of any African Country.
- Must be above 14 years who identifies as Youth
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Get certified in design thinking as you develop products, services and solutions to the challenges faced by people in your community like misinformation & trust, depression, income insecurity and stalled learning.
- Everyone who finishes this challenge will receive a certificate of participation from UNICEF, acknowledging your positive contribution in the fight against the COVID19 pandemic.
Deadline for Application and Submission of Idea
13 June, 2020
for more Information about the challenge visit UNICEF/ CARTEDO COVID19 CHALLENGE WEBSITE