Your Privacy Rights
If you have subscribed with us by imputing your personal details or any other piece of information as part of our access security measures, you must treat such information as confidential, and which must not be disclose to any third party. We reserve the right to disable any user identification details imputed by you at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these conditions. If you know or suspect anyone who is accountable of your personal details, you must promptly notify us @techiconng.com or any of our reachable services or social media platform.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
You are solely liable for any content that you post or communicate directly in or on the services and you agree to only post or communicate content that:
- Is true and not false or misleading
- Is not to be deemed threatening, disparaging, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive, discriminatory, insulting, otherwise illegal or inappropriate.
- Does not constitute an infringement of the intellectual property or privacy rights of the third party.
- Does not contain any unauthorised advertising, promotional material, junk mail, spam, chain letters or any other form of solicitation.
- Does not contain any software virus or any other technology that may harm the services, or the interest or property of our services or the other users of the services.
TechiconNG will appreciate the opportunity to be notified of any objectionable user generated content posted or communicated by a user directly in or on the services. Please track us through our available contacts to report any objectionable user generated content.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Links to other website and premises
Certain contents, grants and jobs or free offer may require links to other websites or organisations other than ours. Please note that TechiconNG is not responsible and has no control over websites outside its domain. We do not monitor or review the contents of other party’s websites which are linked from our website or media platforms. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware of when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of this site. TechiconNG will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
What personal data we collect
When you engage in using TechiconNG services, we collect information sent to us by your PC or mobile phone. The automatically collected information’s includes:
- User IP Address
- Device ID or unique identifier
- Device type
- Geo-location information
- Connection information
- Mobile network information
- Page views statistics
- Traffic to and from the site
What we do with your personal data
The purpose of our collecting your personal information is to give you secure service, enjoyable and reliable service. We may use your information to:
- Provide TechiconNG services and support
- Verify your identity
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems
- Manage risk or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Improve TechiconNG services by implementing aggregate customer or user preferences
- Measure the performances of TechiconNG services and improve content layout.
- Manage and protect our information from fraudsters and hoodlums behaviour.
- Contact you at any time through your provided information.
How we protect your personal information
We store and process your personal information on our computer database in Nigeria. Where we need to transfer your data to another country, such country must have an adequate data protection law. We will need your consent where we need to send your data to a country without an adequate data protection law. We protect your data using physical, technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. This site uses Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) to ensure secure transmission of your personal data. You should see the padlock symbol in your URL address bar once you successfully logged into the platform. The URL address will also start with https:// depicting a secure web page.